Friday, August 12, 2011

Review of the BOSE PAS - Professional Music System

!9# Review of the BOSE PAS - Professional Music System

[if ]
[endif]

The BOSE PAS was the first to put my attention on http://www.dj-forum.co.uk by Richard Mills. Since I know some members here have bought one (or more) and my various travels in the network, this search system has made me think that it's worth watching (hearing) was in another.

Last Friday I went to Bose-only shop we have here in Ireland and asked the saleswoman smiled when I could have a demo of the Bose PAS. "What is it?''I asked." E 'stands forPersonalizzato''Amplificazione, I said, his smile

"I do not know," he said, 'And' Pro range of -. " Yes, "I replied, already aware that my journey was in vain she talked with the colleague who had heard about, but told me that they only do home-entertainment business. He also said he knew a customer who visited the United States in about 18 months to preview and then he brought with him.

In any case, make a long story short, she gave meBose was the number of Ireland and when I got home, even if said clock 05.30 a holiday weekend Friday I have the number. The person who told me that someone will call me back shortly. Ten minutes later I had to contact your nearest dealer PAS - located about 75 miles.

Saturday AM I saddled up the car and out of town. 2 hours later, after battling traffic for Bank Holiday, I went to this music store and my first impression was "This soundssweet '. At the moment did not know what (he was a man singing in a play) about what to play, but when I went down the business, I recognized the "cooler" of IE and it was obvious that he was here was the sound. Then I went to each area of ​​the store, which would be about the size of a place that can accommodate 100, and was actually the sound was so strong in the corners, because it was right in front of the structure.

I've heard of PA 100 in my career, and this isNot one of them. I heard a staff member and demanded that they play a CD and turn it up, you played a song by Bob Marley and that's just how I can describe:

"In late 1980, I heard my first CD, played on a Sony Walkman with Sony headphones, and even if I did not know the song, it was like I was, as has been recorded." This is the second time I was surprised with the quality of the sound, so taken, because I think that Bob Marley was in this shop.Anyway, I spent the next 2 hours and the shop has not tried to find Bob Marley, but the thing to come.

So on the system. The liver is a basic unit (PS1), which was bigger than it looks in all the photos I had seen, look. In fact, when I saw this I thought, "Why so big?" But I can think of no other reason than the designed 750-watt RMS amp in 3 houses and is used for tape instead of disk (goes behind the band). I think it could go behind the DJ, the device is made of sturdy plasticand can be stood on (recommended by BOSE during insertion and removal of the speakers), but has a large "footprint". The controls for the amplifier are on the back of the PS1 and with a rather thin flap opens the back (I would have preferred the door would open in the opposite direction and protect the inputs / controls, etc.) from the front.

There are 4 inputs - 2 are both balanced / unbalanced (jack or XLR) and 2 more unbalanced (TRS) The first two also have the ability to assignhave default values, such as pre-recorded music has a value of '00 '(or '57' for low volume) and would use a microphone SM58 '14 ', but apply only to the direct input of the device and not just with a mixer. Most of the other presets for different brands of guitars, basses, microphones, keyboards, etc. Inputs 3 and 4 are 0 dB and the lines are designed for CD players, etc.

The Cooler (L1) contains all the mid / high range speakers (24 in total). It is divided into twowhich is a good thing, since it is about 7 feet tall. The links will be automatically when the device is part of the PS1 and there is a foot switch to activate the block at the end of the press did. There is some movement when the L1 is connected in PS1 - can be a few inches from left to right and sway one inch from front to back

The low-boxes (B1) PS1 connection via 4-Way Speakon (extra 2 wires are used by PS1, to determine if 1 or 2 to be B1Sused). A cable is supplied with each B1.

The system comes with a wired remote control (with Velcro), so that the volume, bass, treble and middle can be controlled by the input-2 + channels can be compensated. There are two LEDs on the remote that changes from green to red when the system is overloaded. If a mixer is then used the remote control is not so important, however, if it is connected, the system provides a standard 0'clock '12 'position used for thesechecks if the input is on channels 1 and 2.

While I was in the workshop I helped unpack the seller and the preparation of two complete systems. The padded bags for the PS1 were very close and I managed the zip on one side trying to close it during the break. The padded pockets for B1S easy to slip and there is a flap to manage access speaker. The radiator is divided into two, and a bag for everyone - be aware that a bag can be found very slightly larger than the other and the only wayThis is to melt it (the value of tagging, I think).

Weight wise, because the system is divided into many parts, including the stairs no problem. I wore two PS1s (16Kg each) for a short distance and was on holiday with suitcases. The rest of the system is easier and I found no problem with 2 x L1S (4 bags - two in each hand) for a walk of 20 meters. The B1S are even easier.

Professionals.

Sound quality

Robust overall construction

Easetransport / access / storage

Disadvantages:

PS1 pocket too small

PS1 you have a large footprint

Flap is not sufficient protection for the PS1 controls

The pockets for the B1S could with a pocket to run the Speakon

An expensive system

My personal opinion is that Bose have come up with something different, something special has arrived. And 'expensive, but calls for my price is unlikely to get a little' time - in fact at this time, the questionexceeds supply (the shop where I now had a waiting list and during my two hours there was a steady stream of people who feel that this system was the demo and went as I had, at some distance, for operating it was heard). I was with the seller, who had worked there for about 20 years, never had an interest in experiencing these dimensions in any other product of musicians. (They have received their first 12 systems of the two last week and helped to unpack and I were the last reservedas I said before, they now have a waiting list.).

The devices are manufactured in China (who is not these days) and I suppose that any other manufacturer will come with a system of confrontation at a lower price. How long until this is happening, anyones guess.


Review of the BOSE PAS - Professional Music System

New Kraftmaid Cabinets

0 comments:

Post a Comment




Sponsor Links